MCC Campus(s): Longview
Contacts: David Patience - Automotive Department Coordinator/Ford ASSET Instructor, 816-604-2064; Terri Kelley - Automotive Program Specialist, 816-604-2215
Degree and Certificates Awarded
- A.A.S: Automotive - Ford ASSET
- A.A.S: General Motors-ASEP
- A.A.S: Mechanical
- A.A.S: Collision Repair Technology
- Certificate: Automotive Technology
- Certificate: Automotive Collision Repair
- Certificate: Automotive Service, Maintenance, & Light Repair
MCC-Longview's automotive training programs are accredited by the National Automotive Technician's Education Foundation (NATEF) at the Master Automotive Service Technology (MAST) level. Our instructors know vehicles inside out. You won't find better automotive technology training anywhere! Our testing equipment is state of the art. Our facility is bright, spacious and well stocked with tools, equipment and components. We keep a fleet of more than 60 late-model cars just for students to train on. Our reputation is solid: area employers know and respect our program. They come to us for the best entry-level technicians.
Students who wish to enroll in classes which count towards the General Automotive, Collision Repair programs, or ASE test preparation should follow the steps shown below:
- Complete an online MCC Admissions Application at www.mcckc.edu/apply and submit high school and/or college transcripts to: MCC Student Data Center, 3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
- Take the placement test for Math, Reading and/or English (or submit ACT scores)
- To determine financial aid eligibility complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Entry into either the GM ASEP or Ford ASSET programs require additional steps before a student is approved. If a student is applying to GM or Ford, add these steps:
- Take the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude test (available only from the LV Testing Center office).
- Schedule an interview with the GM or Ford instructor to evaluate Bennett scores and a review of their GM or Ford application.
- Upon acceptance, students will interview with a sponsoring GM or Ford dealership.