Provides a variety of services to assist veterans returning to school.
Our services include:
- Personal academic advising and career counseling
- Assistance completing GI Bill and financial aid applications
- Assistance completing college admission forms
- Assessment of academic skills and career interests
- GED preparation
- Academic refresher courses in Math, English, Foreign Language, Science, and computer skills
- Financial literacy training
- Peer mentoring
- Referrals to other community agencies that serve veterans
When should I start?
You should begin as soon as possible. The main goal of the VUB program is to prepare veterans for beginning or returning to school. The ideal time to begin the program is at least one semester before you want to start your educational program.
The VUB program is individually tailored to the needs of each veteran. Some may need only a few of our services, others may want to participate in everything we have to offer. We offer all of our services for FREE to our participants.