Official Contest Rules and Procedures
This document (“Official Rules”) states the official rules of the Metropolitan Community College Mascot Design Contest. The object of this Contest is to design artwork for our new mascot (MCC Wolves) which symbolizes the College, its athletic programs, its community, geography, and values to foster MCC spirit and pride. All statements, representations, and warranties required under the Submission Statements, Representations, Warranties, Promises, and Acts, below, are part of the Official Rules.
The Contest is open to individuals who are students, alumni, staff, faculty, or administrators at Metropolitan Community College.
- Entries are due no later than Friday, January 26th, 2015 at 5 p.m. Central Time (CT)
- Entries must follow the contest Design Guidelines and Additional Guidelines set out below.
- Entrants may submit multiple Entries.
- Each Entry is to be accompanied by a completed online Entry form.
- Entries must be submitted online at http://mcckc.edu/mascot .
- Mascot related decisions of Metropolitan Community College are final. The winning concept shall become the exclusive and perpetual property of Metropolitan Community College. The mascot image/design winner will be announced in February 27th, 2018. The submitter of the winning mascot image/design will receive a $100 gift card and initially credited for their idea/concept via news release, college announcement, and various social media communications channels such as Facebook and Twitter. Future uses of the mascot by Metropolitan Community College will not carry submitter attribution.
- Mascot artwork/design must be original work only. Clip art images/ illustrations are not permitted.
- Mascot artwork/design must include a stand-alone headshot. Other variations (full body, torso, etc.) can be submitted only in conjunction with the headshot.
- Mascot fur must be white or grey in color. Other colors included in artwork/design are limited to, black, MCC white, MCC gray, and MCC blue. Color artwork is preferred, and submitting an additional grayscale version is encouraged.
- Mascot artwork/design may be created in any medium, including, but not limited to, pen, pencil, charcoal, watercolor, etc., but the preferred medium is vector-based artwork. JPEG, PDF and PNG files are acceptable for initial submissions.
- Text is not permitted in the design.
- Mascot artwork/design should fit within the space of an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper if hand drawn. It should be able to be manipulated in regard to size, being legible both very large and very small (1 inch).
- Until an official winner has been announced on the MCC website, Entrants may NOT post their submissions on public sharing websites, such as; DeviantArt, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Violators will be disqualified from the contest.
- Any Entries deemed inappropriate by the Mascot Design/Image Committee will be removed from the competition. All submissions should be family-friendly. For example, submissions containing nudity (implied or actual) or drug paraphernalia will be removed from the competition.
Mascot Design/Image Committee
The Committee will review the Entrants’ qualifications. If an Entrant is unqualified for the Contest in accordance with the Official Rules, or an Entrant has made any false statement of his or her qualifications to participate, the Committee may disqualify that Entrant at any stage of the Contest.
The winning Entry in the mascot design competition will receive a $100 gift card.
Submission Statements, Representations, Warranties, Promises, and Acts
In connection with and as a condition of participating in the Contest, I, the entrant identified below, hereby state, represent, warrant, promise, and/or act as follows:
- I am (a) MCC student, faculty, staff, alumni or administrator.
- Knowledge of Rules. I have read the Official Contest Rules and agree to comply with them.
- Compliance of Entries with Official Contest Rules .
- My mascot artwork/design complies with the Rules and meets the requirements and guidelines stated in the Rules.
- I am the sole creator of the mascot artwork/design(s) that I am submitting for the Contest.
- My mascot artwork/design is a completely original work, has not been copied, whether in whole or in part, from some other source, and does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party.
- My mascot artwork/design is not obscene or libelous.
- I give the College all rights to my mascot artwork/design.
- Transfer of Title and Right., I hereby assign, transfer and give all rights to my mascot artwork/design, to Metropolitan Community College, without any expectation of payment under the terms of Rule 11 below.
- College’s Right To Use Mascot Artwork/Design. I understand and agree that the College may use, publish or display my mascot artwork/design in any way it sees fit and in any medium it chooses.
- No Return of Submissions. I understand and agree that my Entries, in whatever medium submitted, will not be returned to me.
- College’s Right To Register Mascot Artwork/Design. If my mascot artwork/design is selected as a winning entry, in whole or in part, I understand and agree that the College, at the College’s sole expense, may register it for any trademark, service mark, or copyright purposes , and that the College shall solely own such registration.
- Consent to Publicize. I give the College permission to publicize or make known my name and photograph for promotional purposes, without compensation, in connection with the contest and my mascot artwork/design.
- No Payments or Royalties. I understand that, unless my mascot artwork/design is selected by the College as the winning entry, I will not receive any money, payment, royalties, or other compensation of any kind from the College for my mascot artwork/design or for all the rights to the mascot artwork/design. If my mascot artwork/design is selected as the winning entry, I understand that I will receive the contest prize.
- Execution of Additional Documents. If my mascot artwork/design is selected as a winning entry, I agree to complete, sign, and execute any other documents reasonably necessary or reasonably requested by the College.
- Termination of Contest. I understand that the Contest may be terminated by the College at its discretion. I understand, for example, that the Mascot Committee may suspend, extend, or cancel the contest based on the quality of submissions received.
- Disqualification of Mascot Artwork/Design Entry. I understand that my mascot artwork/design may be disqualified by the College pursuant to the Contest Rules and Procedures and the Design Guidelines and Additional Guidelines.
- Hold Harmless and Indemnification. I agree to indemnify and hold the College harmless against any claim demand, fine, penalty, judgment, loss, expense, or liability that may be made against or incurred by the College by reason of the breach or falsity of any of the statements, representations, or warranties made in section 5 above, including, but not limited to, all costs, expenses, and legal fees.
- I understand and agree that if any one portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- Binding on Successors and Assigns. I understand and agree that this Agreement shall be binding on the successors, heirs, assigns, and representatives of the parties.
- Application of Missouri Law. I understand and agree that this Agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of the State of Missouri.
I, the entrant, by submitting this entry, make all of the Submission Statements, Representations, Warranties, Promises, and Acts set out above. By submitting this entry, I agree (for reliance by Metropolitan Community College) that I am and will be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and Procedures.