Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search rss Facebook Twitter Youtube chevron pointing down

Definition of B1/B2: Individuals in the Untied States for travel, tourism, or recreation. Persons in B1/B2 status may not begin a "course of study" (neither full-time, nor part-time) unless USCIS approves a change of status to F status.

Persons in B1/B2 status may only take Continuing Education ESL courses. Individuals who take continuing education classes are ineligible for a change of status to F within the U.S. 

Students cannot attend classes after the tourist visa has expired.

  1. Application for Admission.
  2. Copy of the student's passport and I-94.
  3. Student must sign the Tourist Student Agreement form available in the International Student Services Office or at the Applied Language Institute.
Last Modified: 10/26/15